Male Voice Talent John McClain Is A True Industry Professional
Male voice talent John McClain is a true professional of the voice over industry. He books with repeat clients through The Voice Realm due to his quick service and ability to self direct.
We asked him a few questions about the voice over industry and his voice over services.
- How long have you been doing voice overs? How did you get started?
I’ve been doing voice on and off since the late 1980’s when a producer for the Jeep account asked me to audition for some spots. I didn’t land that job but I did get a job doing voice for Stroh Foods, a short lived attempt by the beer company to go into other markets.
- What are some of the benefits of being a freelance voice actor and working from home?
The biggest advantage to being a freelance voice actor is your time is your own. As for working from home, while I did that for a while I now have a studio that I go to every day.
- How has The Voice Realm helped you find work?
It’s a more professional space. When you’ve spent money and time creating a career for yourself it’s tough to work on sites that don’t create a standard of professionalism.
- How is it different to other sites you’ve seen?
Talent are vetted and clients are expected to pay a proper rate structure.
- What’s the quality of jobs like that you’ve seen come through the site?
So far the jobs I’ve seen are at a higher level than some of the other sites I’ve been involved with. There’s an expectation from the client about the level of talent they will have access to via Voice Realm.
- How about the assistance and support you’ve received from the site?
Any time I’ve had a question support has responded quickly and professionally.
- Where do you see the future of the voice over industry going?
To tell the truth, I miss the old days when you knew your clients and worked in the same room. But the voice world continues to go down the path of independents working out of their own spaces. I expect we’re not too far from a site like Voice Realm offering the ability to do the entire recording via the site a la Source Connect. Lots of exciting VOIP technologies coming down the road.
- What are some of the benefits you’ve found from being in control of which jobs you audition for?
Budget. And time. I know what my time is worth and I can have more control. If you need a professional and reliable male voice over actor, consider John for your next project. www.thevoicerealm.com/talent/john.mcclain